FAX & SSTV SCS PTC Modems for JVComm32, MScan and other Programms
Click here for the SCS Home Page
Equipped for FAX (AM, FM, Meteosat), SSTV, CW
operation with receiption and transmission and full
compatibility to nearly all modern PC programs.
- Three simultaneously available communication ports: HF and up to two VHF/UHF Packet ports
- Separate transceiver control port for remote operation of Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, R&S and SGC equipment.
- 32-bit system with Motorola RISC processor 68360 as CPU, clocked at 25 MHz.
- 16-bit Motorola DSP 56156 clocked at up to 60 MHz (computing power: 30 MIPS)
- Expandable to 2 MB of static RAM.
- Firmware stored in flash memory. Easy update via serial RS232 link to the PC. The update is free of charge and available from many Packet-Radio mailboxes and from Internet sites
- Modem tones (mark-space) and shift programmable in 1 Hz steps within all modes.
- Audio output-levels for all PSK- and FSK-modes programmable seperately.
- Equipped for FAX (AM, FM, Meteosat), SSTV, CW operation with receiption and transmission and full compatibility to nearly all modern PC programs.
- Build-in mailbox with comprehensive features of nearly 2MB maximum size(dependent on RAM installed) with common and simultaneous access from allmodes (PACTOR-I & II, AMTOR, PACKET).
- Battery backup for the clock and C-MOS RAM. No mail-loss when switched off.
- Mail display at the frontpanel shows the operator at once if there is a new mail for him.
- Excellent tuning display with 15 2-color-LEDs with center-function. The antique X-Y-tube display is not required any more.
- All significant link and controller stati are displayed at the frontpanel with 2-color LEDs and on the terminal-screen.
- 10-character dot-matrix-display for mode and other parametes as the callsign of a connecting station and much more.
- Channel-busy detection displayed on the PTC-display as well as on the terminal-screen.
- DSP-filter option implemented: The PTC-II is fully usable as DSP-filter for all modes as SSB, CW and others as (denoiser) with freely programmable sets of parameters.
- Features: Auto-peak, auto-notch, passband-filter, inversion, delay-line, function-generator and more.
- Comprehensive filtering of all in- and outputs for excellent electromagnetic compatibility.
- HF <--> VHF/UHF gateway and crossband digipeating with comprehensive and automated link establishment features from remote. PACTOR goes PACKET.
- Hostmode, extended hostmode, CRC-hostmode. Full compatible to nearly all modern PC programs. Fully integratable in FBB/Winlink networking and mailing systems.
Introducing the brand new PTC-IIe !
Here some information about this outstanding new product.
- The very first samples of the PTC-IIe were introduced by Dr. Thomas Rink, the president and CEO of SCS, at the PACTOR forum at the Dayton hamvention.
- The e in the PTC-IIe stands for economy. This means the PTC-IIe is a subset of the well-known SCS PTC-II.
- It uses the same command set as the PTC-II and can be controlled with the same programs. It utilizes WA8DED-hostmode, extended and CRC-hostmode.
- It should be stated clear that there is no difference in performance between the PTC-II and the PTC-IIe in any of the common modes. It shall be a lower cost
- solution for those who don´t need the multi-port, crossband and gateway capabilities of the PTC-II. The PTC-IIe also does not have transceiver-control and the alphanumeric mode-display.
- Here are the key features of the PTC-IIe:
- PACTOR-II, PACTOR-I, AMTOR, NAVTEX, RTTY
- PSK31 With spectroscope display on the tuning display.
- All different kinds of SSTV. Useable with nearly all available software.
- Special JVComm32 mode!
- FAX Including AM-FAX for Meteosat.
- Audio denoiser/filter.
- Neat DSP CW decoder!
- Packet-Radio 300, 1200 and 9600 baud using the built in DSP.
- Mark and space frequencies are freely programmable in 1 Hz steps.
- Output amplitude programmable im mV steps.
- The new OFF command turns the unit off by software.
- Any character sent to the PTC-IIe over the serial interface will switch it on again.
- The PTC-IIe uses the same high performance CPU/DSP system as the PTC-II.
- Single port unit.
- The PTC-IIe has only one transceiver port!
- Fixed RAM size of 512 k byte.
- Fixed FLASH ROM size of 256 k byte.
- Small size of only 125 x 43 x 183 mm.
- Optimal for portable operation.
- Only 200 mA at 13.8 V.